From lycanthropic creatures found on television and film such as Teen Wolf, Twilight, and True Blood to the earliest folklore of shape-shifting creatures, The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings is an eye-opening, blood-pounding tour through the ages of monsters with the most amazing camouflage capabilities–they hide among us! Along the way, you’ll land at the doorstep of creatures like hirsute mass-murderer Albert Fish, and Fritz Haarman, who slaughtered and ate his victims–selling the leftovers as steaks and roasts in his butcher shop–as well as visits to mythical shamans, sirens, and skin walkers.
- Covering 140,000 years of legend, mythology, and fact, The Werewolf Book provides hair-raising evidence of strange and obsessional behavior through the centuries. Learn the basics of becoming a werewolf and the intricacies of slaying the beast. A true homage to werewolves and other full moon beasts, it includes topics such as …
- Bear, tiger, coyote, and other shape-shifting people
- Classic and modern werewolf movies
- Gargoyles, totem poles, and Internet depictions
- Serial killers and sadistic rulers
- Sorcery, spells, and talismans
- Television shows, songs, and computer games